MENU
Julie_Profile_Photo_500x500_21v1

Julie

I started running when my kids were young and momma needed ‘zen’ time. Running is a normal part of my week now and offers up a fun and supportive community. I’ll run in almost any event; 5ks, 10ks half’s, trails, relays, road, OCR. As all good runners know, you sign up for races for the T-Shirt! It’s also challenging and keeps my body and mind strong. But mainly it’s the T-Shirts.

Did you know...

Pumpkin, pecan or apple pie and do you run Thanksgiving Day?

“It seems rude not to include one, so I run extra and eat them all. Twice.

My family is known for its traditions. We do get up to Run on Thanksgiving! When my children were babies, we put them in joggers and bundled them up to run the Turkey Trots. As they got older and getting to a crowded race was too cumbersome, we ran (they biked or scootered) our own Turkey Trot on paved trails near our house, then ended with hot chocolate and pumpkin bread. Now they are older we run in a large Turkey Trot again every Thanksgiving.

What shoe are you currently training in and why did you choose it?

“I recently bought La Sportiva Bushido 2 for some trail running this Fall. I’ve done a few trail runs and the Ragnar relay in them so far and they feel great. My secret is to get a Men’s shoe equivalent to my female size; this gives me better colors to choose from (please stop making pink shoes!) and gives them just the right amount of width. On the road I run in Brooks Levitate. Brooks usually treat me right with the right amount of cushion and width.

Austin's Coffee House Tour